Peer to Peer Support
National peer support networks including 12 step groups, and Mental Health support, hotlines, and information for affected individuals and their families.
Evidenced Based Treatment for Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Evidenced based practices are forms of treatment that have been researched and shown to be effective. Below are several sources of finding evidenced based practices and materials, as well as information on the Stages of Change which has reshaped how we approach recovery.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- SAMHSA Store with Free Evidenced Based Materials
- Stages of Change – A Brief Overview
- Stages of Change on Amazon
- Assertive Community Treatment – An evidenced based approach to mental health and substance abuse treatment that follows individuals in the community using an intra-disciplinary mobile treatment team approach.
- Maryland Behavioral Health Adminstration – For Maryland Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment
- Maryland 211 – Call or go to website for comprehensive listing of resources in Maryland
- Baltimore Behavioral Health Administration
- People Encouraging People – Runs ACT teams throughout central Maryland. Provides Homeless Outreach in Baltimore and Montgomery County. PEP also has substance abuse, and residential services in Baltimore.
- On Our Own of Maryland – A peer to peer mental health organization that promotes advocacy and attempts to eliminate mental health stigma, and provides peer to peer support groups and drop-in centers throughout Maryland.
- Maryland Alcoholics Anonymous
- Washington State
- Washington D.C.
- District of Columbia Behavioral Health Administration – For Washington D.C. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment
- D.C. Area 211 – Call or go to website for comprehensive listing of resources in the D.C. Metro area
- Alcoholics Anonymous D.C.
- Narcotics Anonymous D.C.